Filter by Subcategory
Ballroom Dance, Beginning Session III
with Barbara Charles
Ballroom Dance, Intermediate, Session III
with Barbara Charles
Students continue to learn American and Latin Ballroom in this intermediate dance class. Students who have some ballroom and Latin dance experience are welcome - so get ready to perfect your existing dance steps and build confidence with each class. Students continue to learn all the moves in Foxtrot, Swing, Mambo, Merengue, Waltz, Rumba, Cha Cha and Tango. No partner necessary. Classes are held at Cellar Fitness, 9 Cumberland St., Brunswick. No discounts.
Photo App for Mac Users
with Jill Spencer
Turn your "OK" pictures into stunning images. The Photos app on your Mac provides amazing editing tools to improve your photos. We will also explore Apple's automatic organizing actions and the processes to create and share your own albums and special projects. Please bring your iPhone and/or iPad. No discounts.
Driver Education: Brunswick May
with Chriscinda Park
Are you 15 years of age or older and want your State of Maine permit to prepare for your driving exam? We offer driver education courses to help build strong, safe, and confident drivers. Students are awarded an instructional permit upon successful completion of the course with a grade of 80 percent or better. Full payment is required at the time of registration. Total hours of instruction is 40; 30 classroom and 10 driving. Only employee discounts allowed. Dates: May 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28, June 2, 4, 9 and 11. Parent or guardian must attend last half hour of first class. Please bring students birth certificate to first class.
IF the student requires medication and/or has a medical condition please contact the office for an additional form.
Total hours of instruction is 40; 30 classroom and 10 driving.
Only employee discounts allowed, must call to register.
See agreement form below, student and parent (if under 18) must sign at first class:
An unexcused absence (no show) from the individually scheduled driving time requires an additional payment of $50 if that time is to be made up, to be paid to Merrymeeting Adult Education.
24-hour notice is required to change times.
1. All students must be at least 15 years of age by the time they start class.
2. All students must attend at least 30 hours of classroom instruction as prescribed by the Secretary of State.
3. If a student misses a class due to illness a fee of $75 per session will be assessed to make-up class.
4. If a student needs to withdraw to attend the next session of driver ed. a $75 re-enrollment fee will be assessed.
5. All students must drive behind the wheel for ten hours. Students who do not show up for their scheduled driving times will be charged $50 to make up this time with the instructor.
6. A parent or legal guardian must accompany the student during behind-the-wheel driving for one of his/her driving hours to be arranged by the instructor and parent.
7. Successful completion of the Driver’s Education Course will result when the student has passed each of the following requirements by at least 80%. A. Class participation involving projects, homework, presentations and other in class work covering the chapters of the textbook. B. Final exam covering the Maine State Law Book and driver education texts. C. A road test covering safe behind-the-wheel driving skills.
8. All grades will be kept and filed with the Student Record Sheets.
9. If you cannot start a course, notify us five business days prior to the first class and we will refund your fees less a $2.50 withdrawal fee.
10. A $50 an hour fee will be charged if extra driving time is requested. Payment must be made prior to the scheduled driving time.
11. It is requested that the child’s parent or guardian attend the last half hour of the first day of class.
Merrymeeting Adult Education believes that every student is entitled to respect, as an individual, from all other members of the school community. In support of this believe, Merrymeeting Adult Education recognizes the right of each student to learn and to participate in an environment free of intimidation, ridicule, and hostility, as provided under State and federal law and District policy. In support of this right, Merrymeeting Adult Education prohibits harassment or ridicule of students based upon race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, or handicap. All students should be advised that they may contact any employee of Merrymeeting Adult Education to report instances of harassment or ridicule. Students should also be advised of the importance of informing the harasser that his/her behavior is unacceptable. A staff member who is informed of an instance of possible harassment shall contact the Director of the school as quickly as possible. The Director shall notify the Superintendent and immediately undertake an investigation of the matter and take (interim) action as may be required.
Digital Photography I
with Leah Haraden
Featured photo was taken by Digital Photography student Robert Mooney. Whether you’ve just purchased your first digital camera or you are an aspiring pro or semi-pro photographer, this crash course will give you the technical skills and creative inspiration to take your work to a new level. You will become progressively more confident handling your camera and choosing settings that will help you produce the quality of images you have always desired. Included will be a combination of very lively lectures, demos, handouts, slide shows, videos, and hands-on practice. Students are encouraged to study and practice on their own with the optional homework assignments. All students should bring a digital camera that has manual exposure mode with a fully-charged battery, at least one lens, a tripod and an extra memory card.
Legally Speaking Session II
with Madelyn Breerwood
Participants will learn about the legal system, with a focus on planning for their own future and the future of loved ones. Topics will include wills, trusts, powers of attorney, death tax, guardianship/conservatorship, elder care, and more. Bring your own legal questions!
with Cheri Murray
Hypnotherapy uses guided relaxation and focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness. Experience it for yourself and discover how it can be used to work changes in your life. We know how to physically relax but do we know how to mentally relax? Learn all the benefits of hypnotherapy in one evening. Bring a pillow and a blanket. No discounts.
Handmade Pasta 102: Stuffed Pasta!
with Chris Toy
Who can resist warm tasty, tender pockets of pasta filled with a variety of cheeses, vegetables, meat or seafood? Join Chef Chris Toy for a night of making your own dough and feasting on several choices of herbed and multi-colored pastas, fillings and easy and flavorful sauces! Remember to bring some ziplock bags...just in case you make more than you can eat! Food fee of $10 included. No discounts.