Fiberglass Repair Class
with Nick Patey
Bring your own boat project or pictures of it and you will learn the skills needed to complete it. Plenty of hands on practice to give you the confidence to fix your boats and your friends'
- Learn to use West System Epoxy to repair Fiberglass boats
- Select and understand fiberglass cloth
- Learn to use epoxy resinGlue parts together
- Fill voids
- Build parts with glass and resin
- Repair cracks, holes, stringers, floors, skins, coring and decksInstall hardware
- Barrier coat
- Techniques including grinding, fairing, wetting out, mixing, for both structural and cosmetic repairs
- High level safety procedures detailed
Bring your small boat on a trailer (limit 18'), a piece of a larger boat or photos of your repair and get customized advice for your project.
About your instructor: Nick Patey is a U.S.C.G. licensed captain as well as a certified A.B.Y.C. Master Mechanic and a member of The Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors. He grew up on the water and has always had a passion for anything mechanical. Nick graduated from The Landing School of Boat Building & Design where he took the Marine Systems, Composite Boat Building, and Yacht Surveying courses. He takes pride in his work and looks forward to helping you with your boating needs.
Please bring these required materials:
- Tyvec suit and a respirator with extra filters with and without charcoal
- N95 facemasks
- Box of nitrile gloves
Session 1: Apr 15 - 16th, 2023
Sun and Sat for 1 week from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
10 Cribble Cove Road
Saco, ME 04072 Get directions